Although your child may enjoy having the day off from school, getting them to the dentist’s office can be a pretty hard sell. For whatever reason, dentists, and the general field of dentistry has gained a nasty reputation for being a scary place for kids. This could not be further from the truth. Dentists are far from the monster hiding under your bed and going to see them could possible prevent monster cavities from appearing in your child’s mouth.
Here are five ways that Dr. Wittrig and his staff will make your child’s check-up a great experience:
- The entire staff is aware of the preconceived notions children may have about the dentist. Children are impressionable, and no matter what the cartoon dinosaurs tell them, they can build an intolerance or distaste for the dentist. They demonstrate compassion and understanding with every patient. He helps to eliminate fear by immediately interacting with the child when they get to the chair.
- The dental technician will go through the procedure step by step with your child. They have a way of explaining things in a manner that children can understand. This is achieved by show short demonstrations with all tools and machines used. The technicians also inform patients about what sounds or noises they may hear, so they can have a reasonable expectation for the procedure.
- Due to young patients, often being antsy, and nervous for their procedures, the front desk employees try and adhere to scheduled appointments as much as possible. It is their goal to tend to patients promptly. Having your kids wait anxiously in the waiting room is can cause unneeded stress. They want to get your children in and out so they can head off with their smile.
- Wittrig, having raised three children of his own, knows how to interact with kids. He and his staff work to create an environment that is safe and clean. He talks with the kids about hygiene and have a healthy smile. He even offers some exit incentives, like stickers, to reward those well-behaved patients.
- Everyone in this office is extremely knowledgeable in working with both children and parents. They know exactly how to handle a myriad of situations. This staff work hard to keep information available, experiences happy, and the little clients walking out wanting to come back for another appointment.
Visit our office today and allow your child learn that going to the dentist can be fun and safe. Dr. Wittrig and his staff look forward to seeing your child leave with a huge, clean smile on their face!