We love Greenwood, Indiana and we are so glad to call it home. Squarely in the middle of our state, Greenwood is home to over 50,000 people. Because we love it so much, we want to share with you 10 of our favorite things about this great city- please let us know what we missed!
- Anyone can grow their own food here. The Greenwood Community Garden rents out 20ft x 20ft plots of garden for town residents to grow their own food during the growing season- how cool!
- Our city thrives on education. Greenwood has some really great schools: our teachers work hard, our students take pride in their work, and we are so proud to have the school systems as a solid basis for our community. We take pride in our high graduation rates and our very active arts and sports programs.
- There is no shortage of great food. We have the staples like O’Charley’s and The Cheesecake Factory, and we also have unbeatable local fare. We have one of Indiana’s best pizza spots, Jockamo Upper Crust in Market Plaza- everyone is a regular there. Also, the Revery on Main Street brings creativity to contemporary American dishes. And of course you can’t forget Oaken Barrel Brewing Co- one of the best spots to hang out over drinks and delicious eats!
- The big city is just close enough. Even more food, art, and culture is just a short drive away with Greenwood’s close proximity to beautiful Indianapolis. Greenwood is the most populated of Indy’s southern suburbs- we have a well-established town of our own but also know our ways around the city!
- Shopping spots keep popping up. In addition our beautiful and thriving mall, we have great local shops and boutiques as well as plenty of outlet and thrift shops. There’s a little bit of something for everyone in the Greenwood shopping scene.
- It’s a great city in which to be active. We have parks, bike trails, fitness centers, and a handful of great work-out studious.
- People are so kind and welcoming here. Many new-to-Greenwood residents are quick to notice the kind culture of our town. We take care of one another and welcome new families as they move in to our neighborhoods! Our little piece of Indiana is so special to us, and we love welcoming people from all over to become part of our community.
- Greenwood gives back. We have many non-profit and charitable organizations here which allow community members and businesses to give back and support important causes. You can explore volunteer opportunities here. The annual Trail Trek raises money to help keep our parks safe and environmentally-friendly.
- Private practices still exist. In a country that is becoming full of corporate medicine, Greenwood has managed to maintain some private practices with doctors who stay committed to proper treatment and patient care. The dental field is one that is particularly affected in most places by the introduction of corporate medicine- here’s why the distinction is important.
- We have great local events. Whether it’s a fish fry, a free night at the museum, or a farmer’s market- there is never a shortage of things to do! We have activities for people of all ages and interests.
We’re sure we’ve missed some things, but this list had to end eventually. We could go on and on about the things we love about this town! Please let us know some of your favorite things about Greenwood, Indiana.
Dr. Matt Wittrig is a local dentist in Greenwood, Indiana who serves the surrounding areas. Dr. Matt and staff take pride in caring for the community and making everyone’s smile happier and healthier. Please visit us if you are in need of a dentist in Greenwood, Indiana.